University Partnerships Associate
- Full Time
- College Pathways
- Entry Level
UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIPS ASSOCIATE
AI4ALL is a national nonprofit that opens doors to the artificial intelligence industry for historically excluded talent through education and mentorship. We nurture a global community of students who learn AI fundamentals and who then apply those principles to solve society’s most pressing problems in deeply innovative and ethical ways. AI4ALL has empowered over 15,000 people in all 50 states and globally with AI education. Eighty-one percent of alumni in AI4ALL Changemakers in AI are interested in a career in AI after completing the program, and many are already making significant impacts in the field, from educating their peers to winning “best paper” at top AI conferences. In 2021, AI4ALL Summer Programs ran at 15 top universities around North America. Over 4,000 high school teachers and students have used AI4ALL’s free AI curriculum through AI4ALL Open Learning. Additionally, AI4ALL College Pathways now operates at eight universities, increasing access to AI careers for college students not already on an AI pathway.
By telling a new story about who can be a leader in AI, we’re creating tomorrow’s AI leaders and changing technology’s future. AI4ALL has received funding from Melinda Gates/Pivotal Ventures, Google.org, Prudential Financial, Microsoft, EY, and The Micron Foundation, among others and has been featured in the New York Times, TIME, CNN, The Washington Post, USA Today, and The Atlantic.
ABOUT COLLEGE PATHWAYS
College Pathways is a new initiative that prepares college students for AI-related careers. We bring together and highlight voices that have been historically excluded and that will lead and shape the future of artificial intelligence. Our programs provide students with a hands-on intro to technical and ethical aspects of AI as well as opportunities to engage with challenging AI projects to add to their professional portfolio. All College Pathways programs are currently running virtually, but will eventually shift to an in-person or hybrid model when it is safe to do so. By Fall 2022, College Pathways will be running at 16 universities - up from 8 universities in Spring 2022 - and will grow the partnership portfolio in 2023 to additional schools.
We are looking for a University Partnerships Associate to join our College Pathways team. The individual that is offered the role will work with a dynamic and experienced team that places humanity at the core of everything that we do. This is a great opportunity to contribute to an evolving and fast growing educational initiative with the goal of encouraging students that are historically excluded in the field of Artificial Intelligence to become leaders in the field.
The University Partnership Associate will report to the University Partnerships Manager, College Pathways.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Specifically the University Partnerships Associate will provide:
- Provide support to program partners by
- implementing plan to guide partners in adhering to administrative and programmatic timelines (e.g., outreach and application deadlines for program),
- updating university partners on College Pathways programming & future planning, and
- managing College Pathways partner resources (e.g., outreach materials, program admissions, recruitment guides, & student application timelines)
- Assist in mobilizing support for partners that are experiencing challenges with the partnership, resources, or any other aspects of the collaboration
- Support the scaling plan for systems and processes as College Pathways partnerships evolve & takes on new partnerships including elements of recruitment, programming, and admissions
Admissions & Recruitment Support
- Facilitate Discover AI program admissions, including the managing the application and selection process and sharing admissions and application data with university partners and College Pathways team
- Plan & implement elements of recruitment for College Pathways programs, including identifying and developing new student recruiting methods and pipelines, creating marketing materials, and organizing student information sessions and other recruitment opportunities.
- Respond to student admissions questions & communicate student application status in a timeline manner with accurate up-to-date admissions information
WHO YOU ARE
The University Partnerships Associate position calls for a motivated individual who is open to working for a growing program and who is empathetic to the challenges of working with an under-resourced population & colleges and universities.
Specifically, this hire will bring:
- A desire to increase diversity and inclusion in technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and impeccable organizational skills.
- An interest in working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- The aptitude for working both independently and collaboratively.
- 1 - 2 years experience working in a partnerships role, working at a university, or in sales
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Google Office (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Proficiency in Salesforce & project management software (i.e. Asana, Trello etc.) or willingness to learn
We’d prefer candidates who:
- Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty in a project
- Are able to work independently and remotely
In addition, AI4ALL staff bring a commitment to our mission of increasing diversity and inclusion in AI education, research, development, and policy, as well as the ability to thrive in an environment that values inclusion, humanity, technology, agency, learning, and education.
LOCATION AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic AI4ALL has become a remote-first organization, allowing staff from all over the country to work together in a virtual environment. While programs are delivered virtually, this role may include occasional travel to college campuses if the Associate feels comfortable doing so.
AI4ALL is a fast-paced work environment with multiple projects and changing priorities. Work is performed both independently and collaboratively. Work is performed on a computer, requires almost constant use of a keyboard, mouse, or other pointing device and may be performed sitting or standing.
AI4All strives to be an employer-of-choice by offering:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance program
- Simple IRA with up to 3% matching contributions
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 9 sick days, 12 holidays, and a 1-week December closure, and up to 12 wellness days per year
- A professional development stipend of up to $2,500 per year
- A home office stipend to help make working from home comfortable and accessible
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being
- Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please apply at: https://ai4all.applytojob.com/apply/
Candidates invited to a preliminary interview will be notified mid-May.
AI4ALL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER