AI4ALL Alumni Ambassador (Paid Intern)
AI4ALL is a national nonprofit that is transforming the pipeline of AI practitioners and creating a more inclusive, human-centered discipline. We empower students to be AI Changemakers by cultivating an environment where they develop skills in critical thinking and relationship-building, and expertise in responsible AI.
To accomplish this, we seek students from communities that have been excluded in the AI space. Then we help them build identity in the field, and tap into their own agency and initiative as they build technical and leadership skills. While all are welcome to apply, AI4ALL prioritizes students whose race, gender, or ethnicity has been historically excluded from AI: Black, Hispanic and Latinx, and Indigenous folks; and women and non-binary folks. Our programs run in partnership with colleges and universities around North America.
We are launching the diverse next generation of AI changemakers through education, ethics, and relationship-driven networks. AI4ALL has received funding from Melinda Gates/Pivotal Ventures, Prudential Financial, Accenture, General Motors, and SoftBank among others and has been featured in the New York Times, TIME, CNN, The Washington Post, USA Today, and The Atlantic
About the opportunity
As a recent program alumni, we congratulate you on completing AI4ALL’s program and for developing future leaders in AI.
As part of our organization’s portfolio of opportunities for our students, AI4ALL is looking for undergraduate students that have completed the AI4ALL program and are inspired and excited to encourage peers to participate in the program as well.The students selected for this opportunity will join AI4ALL at a pivotal and exciting time. The Alumni Ambassador will the AI4ALL program using various recruitment and promotional strategies including but not limited to:
- Act as AI4ALL’s representative at campus events such as career fairs and resource student events.
- Host tables in high-traffic campus areas.
- Present AI4ALL opportunities to student groups.
- Collaborate with AI4ALL on internal events like career fairs, AI4ALL rep on-campus visits, classroom presentations, or info sessions.
- Supporting AI4ALL with bi-annual virtual symposium.
Each Alumni Ambassador will work with our team to craft and implement a recruiting strategy unique to their specific school - and they will act as the on-the-ground face and resource for their campus community. The Alumni Ambassador will take from their own experience to better articulate to students the AI4ALL program value proposition - and encourage their peers to participate. This position is meant to be fun and a sounding board for alumni whoare just as excited about responsible AI as we are!
This role is hybrid (working with a remote organization, but in-person projects at individual’s college campus.)
In addition, the AI4ALL Alumni Ambassador will be responsible for:
- Before each semester, attend a virtual training session & three monthly virtual check-ins with the AI4ALL team
- Training 1: August
- Check-in 1: September
- Check-in 2: October
- Check-in 3: November/December
- If applicable, hosting in-person events with the purpose of contributing to the sense of community with potential applicants and other AI4ALL alumni on your campus
We’re excited to connect with candidates who have/are:
- Completed an AI4ALL program (position is not open to non-alumni at this time.)
- Student leadership experience ( i.e. being a member of student groups on campus) is a plus.
- Comfortable with public speaking
- A desire to increase diversity and inclusion in technology
And those who are able to:
- Work both independently and collaboratively
Compensation, Time Commitment, and Evaluation:
- Timeframe: August 2023 - December 2023 (with possibility of extension to May 2024
- Roughly 2-5 hours per week. There will be some weeks in the semester where there will be no tasks to complete.
- Estimated 15-20 hours per semester
- Pay: $20 per hour
- Alumni Ambassadors will be evaluated at the end of each semester by the AI4ALL team. The individuals who have been evaluated positively will be invited back the following semester.
AI4ALL is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce at all levels of the organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.